Job Title: Financial Analyst (Mid)
Posted Date: 08 March 2019
Work Location: San Diego, CA
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen currently holding or in the process of obtaining a DoD SECRET clearance
Closing Date: When filled
Salary Range: Depends on Experience
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary / Exempt
Contact: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Highbury Defense Group is looking for a Financial Analyst to provide financial and analytical support to Fleet Readiness Directorate 200.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the planning, scheduling, and funding of ship modernization milestones.
- Performing extensive data analysis to evaluate progress toward ship modernization goals, including development of new metrics.
- Planning and conducting weekly meetings with internal and external stakeholders to resolve financial and technical issues with ship modernization efforts.
- Maintaining and tracking SCK, SID, and funding information.
- Providing daily SPIDER updates on job and funding status.
- Conducting detailed analysis to determine funding status.
- Acting as liaison between FRD, Program Offices, and Planning Yards to coordinate funding and scheduling requirements.
- Assisting in all areas of meetings/conference/Program Review logistics: scheduling events, creating agendas, tracking attendance, sending out informational correspondence, as well as taking and editing notes/action items.
- BA or BS Degree in any subject.
- Must hold an active SECRET clearance.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to work with a changing environment/requirements and short deadlines.
- Experience to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- 3+ years’ financial analyst / business financial management support to DoD; SPAWAR PEO C4I greatly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related area.
- BFM experience highly desirable.
- DAWIA (or DAWIA equivalency) Level I Certification in Program Management desired.
- Basic understanding of the DSA funding process, or of general funding processes used at SPAWAR.
- Understanding of the Afloat Installation Process Handbook and other C4I Shore Installation Instructions.
- Experience with DoD acquisition processes.
- Understanding of the U.S. Navy Organization (i.e. who SPAWAR customers are and their relationships to SPAWAR, chain of command, Navy protocol).
- Experience with SPAWAR/PEO Integrated Data Environment Repository (SPIDER), Navy Data Environment (NDE), and Naval Systems Engineering Resource Center (NSERC).
- Installation process experience at Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD), SPAWAR System Centers (SSC), Program Executive Office (PEO) Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence (C4I), PEO Enterprise Information System (EIS) or Naval Sea Systems (NAVSEA) / Naval Air Systems (NAVAIR) commands.