Job Title: WAMS Systems Engineer (Sr)
Work Location: San Diego, CA
Security Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen; with SECRET security clearance
Closing Date: When filled
Salary Range: $100,100 to $145,200
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary / Exempt
Contact: Submit resume to email@example.com
Senior Technical Subject Matter Expert. Candidate to provide engineering/technical support to the Wideband Anti-jam Modem System (WAMS) under the Navy Multiband Terminal Acquisition Category (ACAT) IC program.
Duties to include assisting and advising government Assistant Program Manager (APM) and Lead Engineer (LE) in developing problem resolution on the WAMS modem development effort with focus on ADNS, Networking, Enterprise Networking, and Network Operations Without Shore (NOWS). Supports the WAMS system engineering, integration, and test efforts to include, but not limited to; WAM/ADNS Feature Set development, WAM/OM Development, WAM/PATS networking, WAM Vendor Modem development, PPPoE, DLEP, Control Plane, NOWS architecture, and NOWS capable applications.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist LE in leading the design, development, implementation, and integration of the WAMS strategy through application of Systems Engineering principles, techniques and practices in accordance with applicable DoD, Navy, and NAVWAR Technical Authority (TA) guidance.
- Assist the LE in developing program acquisition management and the development of statutory and regulatory acquisition information requirements such as CPD, Acquisition Strategy, ISP, LCSP, CSS, SEP, TEMP as applicable WAMS
- Assist APM and engineering team to assess NSA direction, AEHF community planning, and related issues and capabilities as it relates to WAMS.
- Conceptualize and assist with technical content for executive level PowerPoint presentations on a variety of topics to be briefed at PM, PAPM and APM levels to senior and flag-level leadership both internal and external to PEO C4I and NAVWAR.
- Write/draft executive-level Issue White Papers, technical briefs, and other correspondence as required to address program issues and concerns.
- Assist APM and LE in identifying, clarifying, managing and mitigating program risks, leveraging enterprise risk management tools.
- Provide technical representation at meetings as required and capture critical takeaways, actions, follow-on requests, stakeholder issues, etc..
- Provide support for all major Product Development Reviews and such as the SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc. and associated technical documentation such as SRS, SPS, STR, SDP, SDD, STP, etc.
Hybrid - 2-3 days on site
- 10+ years of comprehensive DoD engineering and networking experience
- 5+ years of Experience in working with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command Program Execution Office (NAVWAR PEO).
- Working technical understanding ADNS networking and architectures
- Knowledge of NAVWAR System Engineering Management and System Engineering Technical Management processes
- Strong Program/Project technical management and communication skills
- SECRET clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Engineering degree or government equivalent certification or government equivalent experience
- Experience in a DoD environment.
- Working knowledge of DoD program and engineering processes.
- Working knowledge of Navy networking (ADNS and CANES)
- Working knowledge of Navy SATCOM and NC3 environment
Salary at Highbury Defense is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $100,100 to $145,200. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Highbury Defense’s total compensation package for employees.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.