Government Bookkeeper/Accounting Technician
Job Title: Government Bookkeeper/Accounting Technician
Posted Date: 4 April 2022
Work Location: San Diego, CA
Security Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen; with ability to hold a SECRET security clearance
Closing Date: When filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience with full benefits
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary / Exempt
Contact: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Government Bookkeeper / Accounting Technician
Role: HDG is seeking a Government Bookkeeper / Accounting Technician to join our back-office Contracts and Finance Team. The successful candidate will provide bookkeeping and accounting support that includes Accounts Payable and Receivable, payroll, assist in managing timecards, bank reconciliations, and credit card reconciliations. The candidate will also manage receipts and expense report transactions that will be reconciled and entered in the accounting system.
- Perform data entry of banking transactions, Accounts Payable, credit card transactions and reconciliations, verify accuracy of timecards with Management, and complete bank reconciliations.
- Set up new employees and update current employees in the accounting system.
- Process payroll using Paychex.
- Manage receivables and update management on outstanding items.
- Manage payables and prepare checks for signature.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and per diem; verify employee time to corresponding travel.
- Work with managers and accounting personnel to verify proper coding to contracts and operating expenses.
- Provide Spend Plan, Estimate at Completion support.
- Provide timecard, expense etc. training to employees.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Knowledge and experience with government contracts, government accounting, and job costing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including Teams and SharePoint; Must be highly proficient with Excel.
- Detail-oriented, organized, reliable, and autonomous.
- Happy to work as part of a close-knit team.
- Experience with Unanet highly desired.
- Capable of holding an Active U.S. Security Clearance - SECRET
- Ability to learn new software.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting is a plus.